If you’ve been thinking about getting a tummy tuck, but still aren’t sure whether surgery is right for you, schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Bachelor to explore your options. Tummy tuck surgery is a fairly extensive procedure that can completely transform the look and feel of your midsection. If you are done having children and are eager to get your pre-pregnancy body back, tummy tuck surgery could be just what you need to get a flat and toned stomach. If you just want to enhance your figure and lose some of the extra flab, consider the benefits of plastic surgery to sculpt and contour your body.
Here are just five signs you’re ready for a tummy tuck:
1. You have an apple body shape. If you tend to carry most of your weight around your midsection, it may be impossible for you to get those washboard abs and maintain a flat stomach — even with a healthy diet and exercise program. Tummy tuck surgery can reshape your midsection to whittle down your waistline and create a more attractive silhouette.
2. You have stretched abdominal muscles. Whether it’s from multiple pregnancies or extreme weight loss, stretched or torn abdominal muscles may be making your stomach protrude or appear saggy. Tummy tuck surgery can repair and tighten these muscles to create a flat and toned look.
3. You want a more feminine silhouette. An S-shaped silhouette is ideal for many, but few women are born with this body shape. Getting a tummy tuck can help to create a more feminine silhouette by reshaping the abdomen and creating a more streamlined figure. We can also perform liposuction of the flanks and abdomen to further enhance the results of your tummy tuck.
4. You have loose skin around your midsection. Loose or sagging skin around your midsection may be making you feel self-conscious when wearing a bathing suit or tight-fitting clothing. If you want a tighter stomach, tummy tuck surgery may be the only way to achieve your ideal figure. Loose and sagging skin will only get worse over time and is not always treatable with non-invasive skin tightening treatments. Tummy tuck surgery involves getting rid of excess skin and tightening the treatment area to achieve the ideal contours.
5. Your midsection is a stubborn area. If you live a relatively healthy lifestyle but find that your midsection just isn’t responding to your diet and exercise efforts, tummy tuck surgery may be the only way to achieve the results you want. What you think may be a problem with excess fat can actually turn out to be excess abdominal tissue or skin. We can slim down the waistline, flatten the stomach, and give you a more youthful-looking body shape with this targeted body contouring procedure.
Learn more about the tummy tuck procedure by scheduling your consultation with Dr. Bachelor today.